We are currently searching for a Production Supervisor to join our Jackson, MS team! This position will be responsible for coordinating production operations and maintaining effective quality procedures and safety regulations as well as all routine functions on the plant floor during the shift.
- Plan, assign and direct work for hourly employees; appraise performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints; hold employees accountable as needed; communicate issues and results on a daily basis.
- Maintain scrap at, or below budget, standards and understand cost effective procedures.
- Attend production meetings to maintain communication between departments.
- Inspect products and spec sheets to ensure quality guidelines are met.
- Conduct review of all rejected materials and generate corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure compliance to company and federal standards regarding rules and safety.
- Prepare and submit daily reports as required for management.
- Train new employees on all production aspects.
- Perform all/any other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in packaging industry experience (paperboard and/or corrugated) preferred.
- Effective process management skills and excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to read a tape measure, convert measurements, and understand basic mathematics.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Must be able to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Must be able to stand for long periods between breaks, reach and stoop, kneel and crouch, and climb ladders. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds by team lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Payment is dependent upon experience. BCBS medical/pharmacy plan, 401k, Disability, Life/AD&D, Dental/Vision plans, Paid Vacation, and more.