Great Southern Industries, a Rusken Company – Jackson, MS
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual who has experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Corrugated industry experience a plus. Should have working knowledge of machine operation, computer skills and basic technical knowledge. Supervisory and leadership skills are vital, as to multi-task in shipping and production as needed.
Quality experienced preferred and Safety experience a must. Candidate would be responsible for Safety within the plant and maintain adherence to OSHA compliance. Will report directly to the Plant Manager. In order to be considered for this position you must be self-motivated and can adapt quickly to your environment.
Additional skills requested:
- Monitor projects within the plant as needed.
- Assist Plant Manager with meeting daily production schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Communicate and act as liaison with supervisors and team leaders.
- Manage workload and scrutinize troubled areas.
- Sense of urgency to critical need circumstances as they arise.
- Will support staff in the day to day operations connecting Production, Shipping/Scheduling.
Must have 5-7 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Shipping department and transportation knowledge helpful. Previous corrugation experience a plus. Have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
Some college preferred. High school diploma or GED.
Paid BCBS insurance for employee. Dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, AD&D insurance, and more.
Salary starting mid-$50,000, to commensurate with experience and/or certifications.