We are currently seeking a skilled maintenance technician to join our Harrisburg, AR team! Ideal candidates should have experience in a multi-skilled machine maintenance environment. Corrugated machine maintenance is a plus. You must be the hands-on kind of person who doesn’t mind getting in and getting dirty.
All applicants must have good knowledge and previous work experience with the following: Hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, rebuilding, gear trains, fabrication, and welding. Knowledge of ink systems, rotary die machines, and basic electronics is a plus.
- An operational knowledge of automated machinery preferably corrugated box industry
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems conveyor systems
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving ability with practical, mechanical & electrical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of various types of sensors and limit switches
- Working knowledge of power transmission equipment, bearings, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Basic welding skills
- Familiarity with pumps, both air and electric
- Proven safety record and working knowledge of industrial safety procedures
- Willingness to work 10–12-hour shifts, weekends, and overtime as required
- Self-motivated, and capable of working with little or no supervision
- Capable of wearing required personal protective equipment such as hearing protection and safety glasses
- Effective oral and written skills are necessary
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Strong electrical troubleshooting experience
- Ability to work safely, knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations, especially those that apply to maintenance activities
- Two to five years of experience in mechanical and electrical maintenance
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical prints and drawings
- Ability to use measuring devices i.e. Calipers, electrical meter, pressure reading devices, temperature gauges, etc.
- PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to execute work orders and preventive maintenance schedules resulting in reduced production/operations downtime
- Electrical and mechanical trouble shooting skills
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, and electrical circuits
- Basic PLC, ladder logic, and motor drive trouble shooting skills
- Basic facilities knowledge including; HVAC, compressors, water chillers, plumbing, etc.
- Welding Skills
- Ability to analyze maintenance data including; emergency vs. schedule maintenance work, PM compliance, maintenance downtime, etc.
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Maintains an active customer service attitude
- Any other duties as assigned or requested
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret charts and graphs
- High School Diploma/GED
- Corrugated Converting Experience- preferably Rotary Die Cut and/or Folder Gluer experience
Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Pay, BCBS medical/pharmacy plan, 401k, Disability, Life/AD&D, Dental/Vision plans, Paid Vacation, and more.
About Rusken Packaging:
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the southern and eastern U.S. Operating nineteen (19) facilities spread across ten (10) states, Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For 50 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value, and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.