We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual capable of handling working with heavy machinery in an environment requiring cooperation with a wide variety of people as a Machine Operator for our Knoxville, TN facility!
- Set up the machine according to machine specific procedures
- Make necessary adjustments during set up and run to ensure quality work
- Monitor quality throughout the production run. Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature, dimension, pressure, register settings. Complete the box quality check required on each order
- Follow all safety procedures including Lock out/Tag out
- Enter production data into computer
- Counting and stacking finished product
- Report significant and major mechanical failure to department supervisor immediately
- Work near electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical energy sources
- Ensure correct unit configuration per customer requirements
- Clean up housekeeping procedures such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, vacuuming and sweeping the machine area, and picking up and shredding miscellaneous scrap
- Work overtime and weekends as required
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, etc.
- Properly and successfully interact with co-workers
- Ability to read a tape measure up to 1/16
- Ability to show up on time to work
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions
- Ability to work overtime if warranted
- Physical demands include standing, bending, kneeing, reaching, crouching, and lifting up to 50lbs
- Basic math skills
- Excellent reading, writing, and verbal skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in the workplace
- Good attitude and determined
- Be at least 18 years old
- Prior manufacturing or warehouse experience
- High School Diploma/GED
Compensation & Benefits:
Pay is dependent on experience. BCBS medical/pharmacy plan, 401K, Disability, Life/AD&D, Dental/Vision plans and more.
About Rusken Packaging:
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the Southeast U.S. Operating seventeen (17) facilities spread across eight (8) states, Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For over 40 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value, and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.