We are currently seeking experienced Machine Operators responsible for all activities associated with running the machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must have at least two years of machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment in a non-food related industry. (Construction or maintenance can be substituted for manufacturing)
- Must have good mathematics skills.
- Read and interpret blueprint/design sheets, engineering specifications, and shop orders.
- Manually adjust guide assemblies, saw blades, cutters, rollers, and perforators, according to product specifications.
- Basic computer skills a must.
- Examine work to detect defects and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist helpers with job duties on the machine.
- Complete production reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Switch duties with assistant as necessary to ensure adequate back up training.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work shift work, weekends, as well as overtime up to 10+hrs/day when needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
High school diploma or GED.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variable in standardized situations.
Able to stand for long periods between breaks, reach and stoop, kneel and crouch, and climb ladders. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds by team lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay is $13.50/hr. and up depending on experience and machine offer.
We offer a great benefits package with BCBS of AL as our major medical provider.
401K, Dental, Vision, Long-term & Short-term Disability, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Cancer Insurance, paid Vacation, paid Sick Days and company paid Life Insurance.