Great Southern Industries, a Rusken Company – Jackson, MS
We are currently seeking experienced Machine Operators responsible for all activities associated with running the machine including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must have at least two years of machine operating experience in a manufacturing environment in a non-food related industry. (Construction or maintenance can be substituted for manufacturing)
- Must have good mathematics skills
- Read and interpret blueprint/design sheets, engineering specifications, and shop orders.
- Manually adjust guide assemblies, saw blades, cutters, rollers, and perforators, according to product specifications.
- Basic computer skills a must.
- Examine work to detect defects and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist helpers with job duties on the machine.
- Complete production reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Switch duties with assistant as necessary to ensure adequate back up training.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work shift work, weekends when needed, overtime sparingly.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management for pay increase.
High school diploma or GED.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume, and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variable in standardized situations.
Bending, reaching, lifting, and turning is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Pay is $19/hr. and up depending on experience, and with cross training pay is compensated.
We offer a great benefits package with BCBS of MS as our major medical provider (employer PAID for employee).
401K, Dental, Vision, HSA, Short-term Disability, paid Vacation, and company paid Life Insurance
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the southern and eastern U.S. Operating eighteen (18) facilities spread across nine (9) states, Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For 50 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value, and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.