Skilled Manufacturing Maintenance Technician
Great Southern Industries, a Rusken Company – Jackson, MS
All applicants must have good knowledge and previous work experience with the following: Hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, rebuilding, gear trains, fabrication and welding. Knowledge of ink systems, rotary die machines, and basic electronics is a plus.
Additional skills requested:
- Ability to solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
- Diagnostic, monitoring and trouble shooting
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Will support other staff in day to day operations.
- Ability to work well with others
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a similar field.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Sense of urgency to machinery down time due to the manufacturing nature.
- Analytical skills, self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work independently and take charge when needed
- Must be able to work weekends, overtime, and alternating shifts
High school diploma or GED.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variable in standardized situations.
Able to stand for long periods, reach and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds by team lifting. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.