Olive Branch, MS
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, team player to join our Olive Branch, MS facility as a Helper. The ideal candidate must be capable of working as a part of a team in order to assist all jobs on the plant floor with a goal of increasing productivity and decreasing downtime and waste.
- The work for this position includes feeding material into machines, stacking finished product, glue/assembly of paper products, banding pallets, and shrink-wrapping for shipment.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in support of a manufacturing operation with a goal of increasing productivity and decreasing downtime and waste. Disruptive behavior is not tolerated.
- Assume active role in overall plant and facilities-related work. Position requires assisting all jobs on the plant floor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to stack parts up to 50 lbs. for a period of up to 12 hours.
- Follow all safety procedures including Lock out/Tag out.
- Enter production data into computer.
- Counting and stacking finished product.
- Report significant and major mechanical failure to department supervisor immediately.
- Work near electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical energy sources.
- Ensure correct unit configuration per customer requirements.
- Clean up housekeeping procedures such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, vacuuming and sweeping the machine area, and picking up and shredding miscellaneous scrap.
- Work overtime and weekends as required.
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, etc.
- Properly and successfully interact with co-workers.
- Ability to read a tape measure down to 1/16”
- Ability to show up on time to work
- Ability to work in hot and cold conditions
- Ability to work overtime if warranted
- Physical demands include standing, bending, kneeing, reaching, crouching, and lifting up to 50lbs
- Basic math skills
- Excellent reading, writing, and verbal skills are required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and quality
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in the workplace
- Good attitude and determined
- Be at least 18 years old
- Prior manufacturing or warehouse experience
- High School Diploma/GED
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the southern and eastern U.S. Operating eighteen (18) facilities spread across nine (9) states, Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For 50 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value, and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.