We are seeking a qualified Class A CDL Driver to join our Knoxville, TN Team as a local, short-haul Driver.
All applicants must pass a DOT physical or provide proof of a recent one. Over the road experience a plus. Travel is within a 150-mile radius of our facility. When not driving, individual must be willing to drive a forklift. Enjoy nights and weekends home.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers in a 150-mile radius
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents, or violations
- Operate Forklift to load/unload trailers
Education & Experience:
- Commercial Driving: 3 years (Preferred)
- CDL A (Required)
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Valid Class A truck driving license
Pay is commensurate with experience. Benefits include BCBS medical/pharmacy plan, 401K, Disability, Life/AD&D, Dental/Vision plans and more.
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the Southeast U.S. Operating from facilities in Cullman, AL, Heflin, AL, Luverne, AL, Jackson, TN, Clarksville, TN, Knoxville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Conyers, GA, Harrisburg, AR, Jackson, MS, Tupelo, MS, Charlotte, NC and New Orleans, LA Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For over 40 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.