We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Harrisburg, AR team. This position is responsible for building relationships and working with customers, sales team, production, and shipping.
- Work with various departments, learning all aspects of the internal workings of the company.
- Substantial communication with coworkers, suppliers, and customers via phone and email.
- Customer service
- Front desk
- Human Resources clerical
- Various other duties as needed (i.e.. cover when other employees are on vacation, out sick, or if workloads require additional help)
The ideal candidate:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, vendors, co-workers, supervisors/managers, and salespeople.
- Ability to manage workload with various distractions.
- Must have a high sense of urgency while managing multiple projects.
- A general inquisitiveness, strong desire to learn, and high problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, vendors, and other employees of the organization.
- Possess ability to perform math functions including working with fractions, manipulating, and recording figures to provide accurate quantities, estimating and quotations.
- Possess strong computer skills including agility in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to work within an order management and plant booking system.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle detail-oriented tasks and review multiple documents and reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience in an office environment preferred (corrugated industry a plus)
- Amtech (Imaginera/Encore) knowledge a plus
- Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Basic math skills required (determine unit prices, add fractions, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a professional manner
- A willingness to learn new skills in a fast-paced industry
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- The ability to go from seated work to standing work as needed
- Legible handwriting
Compensation, Benefits & Hours:
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Benefits – Paid time off, Medical, Dental, Vision
40 hrs./wk. • Day shift • Monday – Friday (overtime as needed)
About Rusken Packaging:
Rusken Packaging is a manufacturer of corrugated boxes, covering the Southeast U.S. Operating from facilities in Cullman, AL, Heflin, AL, Luverne, AL, Jackson, TN, Clarksville, TN, Knoxville, TN, Canton, GA, Conyers, GA, Harrisburg, AR, Jackson, MS and Tupelo, MS, Rusken is one of the largest independent corrugated manufacturers in North America. For over 40 years, our vision has been to provide our customers with the very best quality, value and service in the industry, doing business with people you trust.